Online Services Disclosure Statement
This page explains the terms and conditions for using our Internet Net Teller Service and provides certain disclosures and information to you concerning the service. Each of your accounts at Central Illinois Credit Union is also governed by the applicable account disclosure/agreement and Truth In Savings disclosure you received when you opened your account.
How To Access Your Accounts
To access your accounts through our Internet Net Teller service, you must have your account number and an Internet Net Teller password. This information is requested when you enter our Net Teller pages. The password that is used to gain access to your information should be kept confidential, just as you would keep other PIN numbers and security codes confidential. For your protection, we recommend that you change your Net Teller access password regularly. It is recommended that you memorize this password and do not write it down. You are responsible for keeping your password, account numbers, and other account data confidential. If you believe that your password may have been lost or stolen, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money between your accounts without your permission, notify Central Illinois Credit Union at once at (217) 356-9721
. You cannot use E-mail to initiate transactions, change information, or inquire on your accounts . We will not respond to these types of requests via e-mail since we cannot be certain we are corresponding with you. Instead, please use the appropriate functions within our Internet Net Teller
service, Personal Automated Teller
system, or call (217) 356-9721
or visit the credit union during regular business hours. To get an initial password for the Internet Net Teller service, visit the credit union office or call us at (217) 356-9721
There are no monthly fees and/or transaction fees for accessing your account(s) through our Internet Net Teller service. We do not intend to charge in the future for the service but reserve the right to do so after providing 30 days advance notice to all users at the Net Teller login page. Your Internet service provider (ISP) probably charges you a fee to access the internet via its server. We have no control over ISP-related fees.
Available Services and Limitations
The following functions may be performed by members through the service:
- Transfers. You may transfer funds between your Share or Loan Accounts as the account agreements may allow. Transfers done through the service DO NOT immediately charge or credit your account. TRANSFERS WILL BE EFFECTIVE BY THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY AFTER THE DATE OF SUCH TRANSACTION but may occur sooner.
- Account Balances. You may view your share and loan account balances. Because the main credit union computer system is not connected to the Internet, it is possible that some transactions that affect these balances and have been processed by the credit union are not yet included in the balance at the time you view it. In addition, there may be drafts written against your balance, or other electronic items such as debit card transactions, that have not yet been presented to the credit union for payment.
- Transaction history. You may view the transaction history for any loan or share account. Because the main credit union computer system is not connected to the Internet, it is possible that some transactions are not yet included in the history at the time you view it even though they may have been processed by the credit union. The main credit union computer system is always the official record of account history. The Internet Net Teller service may be updated several times per day for your convenience in viewing account activity.
- Password Changes. If you are an Internet Net Teller user, you may change your password at any time from within the Net Teller section. For your protection, we recommend that you change your Net Teller password regularly.
- Check orders. You may reorder checks and/or view and order new check styles available through the credit union. We will not process check order requests if you do not have a checking account at the credit union.
- Check search. You may search for drafts that have cleared your account. You may also list clearings by date cleared or by check number. The oldest check available will vary, but dates will go back, at a minimum, to your last regular statement date.
- Additional Services. From time to time, we will announce additional services which are available through our Internet Net Teller. Your use of these services will constitute acceptance of the terms and conditions presented at the time they are announced.
We reserve the right to limit access or cancel online access at any time.
Our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Operating Systems and Security
Our Net Teller database is a private system operated for the exclusive use of our members. We use SSL encryption and digital server authentication to ensure the privacy of your information when sending data between our Net Teller server and your PC. All Net Teller logins are logged by the server. For authenticated members who use Net Teller, we collect and store certain information such as how often you visit the Net Teller section, dates and times of visits, and which pages are being used. We use this information for internal review and product evaluation only. We never sell, transfer, or trade this information unless we are compelled to do so by law. We may gather and store additional information available to us on failed login attempts and other activity we consider a threat to our system. In these cases, we will share this information with other companies, agencies and law enforcement officials as we see fit.
Liability for Unauthorized Transfers
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your password has been lost or stolen and immediately change your password from within the Net Teller section. Calling is the best way to notify us immediately. You could lose all the money in your account. If you tell us within two (2) business days, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your password without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your password without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500. Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods. If you believe your password has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call: (217) 356-9721
or write: Central Illinois Credit Union 2106 W John St Champaign, IL 61821
All transactions generated by you through our Net Teller service and any Net Teller fees will appear on your monthly or semi-annual statement.
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement/disclosure with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer;
- If the Net Teller equipment or software was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer;
- If circumstances beyond our control such as fire or flood prevent the transfer despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
We shall not be responsible for any other loss, damage, or injury whether caused by the equipment, software, and/or the Net Teller service, nor shall we be responsible for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages arising in any way out of the installation, use or maintenance of your equipment, software and/or service, except where the law requires a different standard. We do not make any warranties concerning the equipment, the software or any part thereof, including, without limitations, any warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or warranties of merchantability.
Errors and Questions
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, telephone us at (217) 356-9721 or write us at the above address as soon as you can. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after you learn of the error. You will need to tell us:
- Your name and account number;
- Why you believe there is an error and the dollar amount involved; and
- Approximately when the error took place.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days. We will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days and correct any error promptly. If we need more time, we may take up to forty-five (45) days to investigate the complaint, but you will have the use of the funds in question after the ten (10) business days. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your account during the investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within three (3) business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation. If you need more information about our error resolution procedures, call us at the telephone number shown above.
Copyright and trademark notices
All contents of the Central Illinois Credit Union Website are © 2005–2017 Central Illinois Credit Union and/or its suppliers, 2106 W John St, Champaign, IL 61821.
All brand, logos, or product names are or may be trademarks of and are used to identify products and services of their respective owners. Any image that is claimed to be in violation of intellectual property infringement or the legal rights of any person or entity will be removed promptly upon notification.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.